Welcome. I'll have some of my experiences recorded here and maybe people at home will be able to get a better picture of life here in Hong Kong and my reactions to it.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Junk Trip

Not drugs and not garbage, junk means a junk boat...which means a 20-40 person pleasure craft that people rent out to spend an afternoon enjoying the sun and water.

I went on a trip last Saturday. We left around noon and got back eight hours later. In the meantime, we cruised out west from the Central Piers on Hong Kong Island to a pretty large cove between Repulse Bay and the backside of Stanley.

The weather and the water were great. Warm day, hot sun, and water temperature was, as the French kept saying, very fresh. The organizer, Phoenix Chang, was super-prepared and overstocked. Phoenix bought a catered-lunch package from Cafe de Coral, which had curry, bolognaise, and a bunch of Chinese snacks that I'd never tried before.

Hopefully the weather stays warm enough for another trip later on, but I've yet to see signs of the Indian summer that is rumored to take Hong Kong back to July-level temperatures.

*I only took one picture on the trip (photo of Ocean Park from the boat) because everyone else had cameras. I'll post some as they get 'published' on facebook.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment