Welcome. I'll have some of my experiences recorded here and maybe people at home will be able to get a better picture of life here in Hong Kong and my reactions to it.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Shenzhen

Shenzhen, one of China's largest cities, sits right across the border from Hong Kong. It takes about an hour and fifteen minutes to get there by train from my apartment.

It's an interesting place and there's a lot to tell, even after a short day-trip like I took. I'm just posting this photo for now because it was the first time that I'd seen live poultry and game in the same cage waiting for their respective destinies inside the restaurant. It's normal in Hong Kong for restaurants to keep boxes and aquariums outside full of all sorts of sea life, but chicken and rabbits? No.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Did you think about your childhood pet rabbit, Buttercup when you saw these bunnies and chicks together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You realize that I have friends and colleagues who read this blog, right?

    ReplyDelete