Welcome. I'll have some of my experiences recorded here and maybe people at home will be able to get a better picture of life here in Hong Kong and my reactions to it.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Subzero Fun / Introducing My Roommate


This picture was taken two days ago when I went out with my roommate, Iana. Of Slovakian parents, her background is half-Aussie, half-Slovak, resulting in a good sense of humor but an accent which is at times incomprehensible to me.

We were at the Russian subzero bar, which was actually a decent pub but an utter disappointment for an icebar experience. I have only read about belowzero in London, but my expectations were right up there when I heard that tehre was an icebar in Hong Kong. After all, it seems like Hong Kong refuses to be outdone by Europeans in every other way. Alas, the room that I was standing in might not have even been sub-50's, which made the fastidious tending of the anteroom and cold chamber doors suspicious.

Shots in the cold chamber were $6 USD and up. Bottles were starting at about $100...not bad except you have to stand in a room that is not freezing, not even refrigerator cold, but just kind of damp and heavily air conditioned.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: